*MVP® Gold guest upgrade rules
- MVP® Gold guest upgrades are valid on Alaska Airlines flight numbers 1 – 999.
- Flights must be marketed and ticketed by Alaska Airlines
- MVP® Gold guest upgrades are booked into “U” class of service and are subject to availability as “U” class may not be available on all flights.
- “U” class must be available at the time of the request, as MVP® Gold guest upgrades may not utilize the upgrade waitlist. When purchasing, please ensure that the black U icon displays next to your flight.
- Tickets purchased in G, R, or T classes of service are not eligible for MVP® Gold guest upgrades (please select “MVP® Gold guest upgrade” from the “Optional upgradable fares” list when shopping at alaskaair.com to view eligible fares for your itinerary. You can also select “MVP® Gold guest upgrade” in the filter results on the “Available flights” page.)
- Each MVP® Gold guest upgrade code is valid for one-way travel for one person. Connecting flights must have no more than a 4 hour stopover between them.
- MVP® Gold guest upgrades may not be used as a placeholder for a complimentary upgrade by an elite level member. Once an MVP® Gold guest upgrade has been processed, you may not remove it in order to be placed on the upgrade request queue, upgrade waitlist, or receive a complimentary upgrade based on elite level.
- MVP® Gold guest upgrades upgrades are not available when traveling on an award ticket, including the Money & Miles award.
- MVP® Gold guest upgrades are transferable but may not be bartered, bought, sold.
- If a flight upgraded with an MVP® Gold guest upgrade is changed or canceled, the upgrade is forfeited. A replacement guest upgrade code can be requested through customer care only by the MVP® Gold to whom it was originally issued.